Dark Brown Sugar Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 18 large cookies
170 g / 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
319 g / 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
99 g / 1/2 cup granulated sugar
269 g / 1 cup smooth peanut butter (not pullin' any punches...you wanna use JIF)
113 g / 2 large eggs, at room temperature
10 g / 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
181 g / 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
4 g / 1 teaspoon baking powder
3 g / 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (plus more for finishing - optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar on medium high speed until light and fluffy, 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the peanut butter and mix until smooth. 1 minute more. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until well combined - scrape well after each is incorporated. Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix to combine. Scoop using a #16 / 1/4 cup scoop(these are best as BIG chewy cookies!) onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave at least 1 1/2 inches all the way around each cookie, and stagger on the baking sheet.
5. Optional extra step - cover the dough and refrigerated for 1 hour. This makes extra chewy cookies.
6. Bake until the edges are lightly golden and appear firm, 10-13 minutes. Rotate baking sheets halfway through baking time. Transfer to wire racks to cool.